Garage cabinet paint ideas can be a great place to stow away old tools and other bits and bobs, but they can also be the perfect spot for an elegant paint job. If you’re looking for paint ideas that will make your garage cabinet stand out, read on! Here are 10 garage cabinet paint ideas that will have your home improvement project looking fresh and new.
5 Best Garage Cabinet Paint Ideas
- Best Overall: Farrow & Ball Full Gloss Paint
- Best Acrylic: Beyond All-in-One Furniture Paint
- Best Budget: AcrylicRust-Oleum Transformations Cabinet Paint
- Best Alkyd: Behr Premium Hybrid Urethane Alkyd Semi-Gloss Enamel Paint
- Best Oil-Based: Behr Oil-Base Semi-Gloss Enamel Interior/Exterior Paint
1. Best Overall: Farrow & Ball Full Gloss Paint
Best Overall Farrow & Ball Full Gloss Paint is the perfect paint for any surface – cabinets, doors, walls etc. It has a great finish that will last and provides an excellent level of protection against dirt and water damage.
Additionally, it contains no VOCs which makes it environmentally friendly. So if you’re looking for the best overall paint option then Best Overall Farrow & Ball Full Gloss Paint is definitely the one to choose!
2. Best Acrylic: Beyond All-in-One Furniture Paint
Don’t be afraid to update your old garage cabinet paint ideas with the help of acrylic beyond all-in-one furniture paint. This product comes in a wide range of colors and can be used on wood, metal, glass and more, making it the perfect solution for a variety of DIY projects.
Moreover, Acrylic Beyond All-in-One Furniture Paint is highly durable and long lasting – perfect for any surface! So don’t wait anymore – order your paint today and get started on some fun DIY projects!
3. Best Budget: AcrylicRust-Oleum Transformations Cabinet Paint
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option to spruce up your old storage garage cabinet paint ideas with some new paint, acrylic or rust-oleum transformations might be the perfect choice.
Available in many different colors, these paints are easy to apply and can be used on any kind of cabinet – inside or out! Plus, their long-lasting finish will make them look like brand new. Perfect for a quick DIY job, this is the perfect solution if you’re not too keen on spending a lot of money on cabinet paint.
4. Best Alkyd: Behr Premium Hybrid Urethane Alkyd Semi-Gloss Enamel Paint
If you’re looking for a tough, long-lasting paint that provides an attractive glossy finish, Alkyd Behr Premium Hybrid Urethane Alkyd Semi-Gloss Enamel Paint is the perfect option. It uses less solvents and emissions during the manufacturing process, making it environmentally friendly. Moreover, its wide range of colors make it easy to find the right one for your home.
5. Best Oil-Based: Behr Oil-Base Semi-Gloss Enamel Interior/Exterior Paint
Looking for a paint that is both durable and environmentally-friendly? Look no further than the best oil-based Behr semi-gloss enamel interior/exterior paint.
This product is designed for use on exterior and interior surfaces, features a semi-gloss finish, and is low in VOCs – making it safe to use indoors. Once applied, it will last years without any need for touch ups or repainting.
Here are five best paint options for garage cabinets:
- Matte paints are a great choice for cabinets that will see a lot of use and wear. They’re durable and resist water and other environmental factors.
- Satin or semi-gloss paints are great for surfaces that get wet, like the walls of your cabinet. They’re also easy to clean and resist fading.
- If you’re painting your own cabinets, be sure to use a primer first to avoid water damage later on.
- If you’re looking for a color that will stand out, choose a bright one like yellow or red.
- Always test a small area of the cabinet before painting the whole thing – you don’t want the paint to peal or chip off later on
Tips for applying garage cabinet paint
If you’re planning on painting your garage cabinet paint ideas, make sure to follow these simple tips. First, make sure the surface is clean and free of any dust or dirt. This will help the paint go on evenly and prevent any problems later on.
Next, primer is necessary before painting. This will help the paint to stick to the wood and reduce the risk of it peeling or bubbling.
Finally, use a spray paint that’s specifically designed for cabinets – this will help to reduce crystallization and warping while drying.
And last but not least, allow the paint to dry completely before adding any decorations or stickers. Once you’ve followed these simple tips, your cabinets will look gorgeous!
Choose the right color
When it comes to picking the right color for your home, it’s important to start by assessing the room and its décor. Once you’ve chosen a color, make sure that it goes well with other elements in the room such as furniture and decor.
If you are painting a garage cabinet paint ideas or any other surface, be sure to choose paint that is easy to clean – otherwise all your hard work will go down the drain!
Finally, let paint dry completely before starting any renovations or changes. This way there won’t be any messy surprises later on when everything starts coming undone!
Prep your cabinet correctly
When painting your cabinet, make sure you prep the surface correctly. Clean it and dry it completely beforehand so that the paint will stick better.
Choose a colour that is complementary to the décor in your garage – this way, the whole room will look cohesive. Finally, use a high-quality spray paint specifically designed for cabinets so that the finish looks perfect.
A garage cabinet paint ideas can be a great place to store your tools and other equipment, but it can also be a beautiful focal point of your home. If you’re looking for a fresh and stylish way to spruce up your garage, check out the 5 gorgeous paint ideas featured in this blog. From natural colors to trendy patterns, there’s something for everyone in this roundup!