When it comes to high-end paint brands, Benjamin Moore Aura and Sherwin Williams Emerald stand out as two of the most popular choices in the market.
Renowned for their excellent coverage, durability, and scrubbability, these paints have earned the trust of homeowners and professionals alike.
In this article, we will delve into the pros and cons of both brands, compare their features, and help you make an informed decision based on your specific needs.
Benjamin Moore Aura
Benjamin Moore Aura is a premium paint known for its exceptional coverage and durability. It is well-regarded for its ability to maintain a long-lasting, vibrant color while being easy to scrub clean. Like any product, it has its pros and cons:
- Excellent coverage: Benjamin Moore Aura provides outstanding coverage, reducing the need for multiple coats.
- Scrubbable and durable: The paint’s durability allows for easy cleaning without compromising its appearance.
- Easy to apply: Its smooth application ensures a hassle-free painting experience.
- Low odor: Benjamin Moore Aura emits minimal odors during application, making it suitable for indoor use.
- Long-lasting color: The paint retains its color vibrancy over an extended period.
- Higher cost: Compared to some other brands, Benjamin Moore Aura is more expensive.
- Availability: While popular, it might not be as readily available as some other paint brands.
Sherwin Williams Emerald
Sherwin Williams Emerald is another top-tier paint product that shares many similarities with Benjamin Moore Aura. It also offers excellent coverage, durability, and scrubbability, along with its own set of pros and cons:
- Excellent coverage: Sherwin Williams Emerald delivers reliable coverage, saving time and effort.
- Scrubbable and durable: The paint can withstand cleaning without losing its quality.
- Easy to apply: Its smooth consistency ensures easy application for both professionals and DIY enthusiasts.
- Low odor: Sherwin Williams Emerald has reduced odors during application, enhancing the painting experience.
- Long-lasting color: The paint maintains its color integrity for an extended period.
- Higher cost: Like Benjamin Moore Aura, Sherwin Williams Emerald falls on the higher end of the price spectrum.
- Availability: While well-known, it might not be as widely available as some other paint brands.
Comparison: Benjamin Moore Aura vs. Sherwin Williams Emerald
In terms of coverage, durability, and scrubbability, both Benjamin Moore Aura and Sherwin Williams Emerald excel.
They are reliable choices for achieving a beautiful, long-lasting finish. However, there are some differences to consider:
- Application ease: Benjamin Moore Aura is slightly easier to apply, making it a preferred choice for those who may not have as much painting experience.
- Odor: Benjamin Moore Aura emits lower odors during application, which may be advantageous for those sensitive to strong smells.
- Availability: Sherwin Williams Emerald is slightly more accessible compared to Benjamin Moore Aura.
Read also: Sherwin Williams vs Benjamin Moore
Choosing the Right Paint for You
The best paint for you depends on your specific requirements and preferences. If you prioritize easy application and low odor, Benjamin Moore Aura may be the better option.
On the other hand, if widespread availability is essential, Sherwin Williams Emerald might suit you better.
Ultimately, the most effective approach to decide between the two paints is to compare them side-by-side and see which one aligns with your needs and preferences.
Similar Paints: Alternatives to Consider
If you are open to exploring other options, here are some paint brands similar to Benjamin Moore Aura and Sherwin Williams Emerald:
- Behr Marquee
- PPG Diamond
- Valspar Signature
Is Aura Paint Worth It?
Determining whether Aura paint is worth it depends on your specific needs and budget. While Aura paint is a quality investment if you seek long-lasting coverage and performance, there are other high-quality paints available at a lower cost. Consider the following factors before making a decision:
- Cost of the paint
- Paint quality and durability
- Coverage capabilities
- Ease of application
- Paint availability
Once you have evaluated these factors, you will be better equipped to decide if Benjamin Moore Aura is the right choice for you.
Cost of Benjamin Moore Aura Paint:
The cost of Benjamin Moore Aura paint varies based on the sheen level and the size of the gallon. Here’s an overview of the average costs:
Prices might vary depending on the retailer, so it’s advisable to compare prices and look for discounts or promotions to save on the purchase.
Cost of Sherwin Williams Emerald Paint:
The cost of Sherwin Williams Emerald paint also varies based on the sheen level and the size of the gallon. Here’s an overview of the average costs:
As with Benjamin Moore Aura, it’s recommended to explore different retailers for potential discounts or promotions.
Tips for Saving Money on Aura and Emerald Paints:
To save on your paint purchase, consider the following tips:
- Shop around for the best price.
- Look for coupons or discounts.
- Purchase during sales events.
- Consider buying larger sizes of paint for cost savings.
- Opt for the matte finish, as it is typically the least expensive option.
Choosing between Benjamin Moore Aura and Sherwin Williams Emerald requires considering your specific needs and preferences.
Both paints offer exceptional coverage, durability, and scrubbability, with slight differences in application ease and availability.
Ultimately, it’s essential to compare the two side-by-side and choose the one that best aligns with your painting project requirements.